Let’s Talk Markets

A complete analysis of the market to help you understand stocks better. Watch research videos and get other useful insights to be well versed with the latest market trends.

Understanding Stocks

Get acquainted with various Do’s & Don’ts of stock market trading. Read more and understand how you can cautiously use you money to make smart investments.

From the Service Desk

Are you uncertain about trading in a volatile market? Our service desk answers all your doubts regarding share trading and stock markets. Educate yourself on how the market behaves and be more confident with your decisions.

Technical Analysis

Learn how SMA (Simple Moving Averages), Bollinger Bands, Williams %R and various other technical charts can assist you in stock trading. Learn to make effective prediction on the movement of stocks using technical analysis of past-market data.

Management Musings

Learning from the experts - Know the macro views on the markets and the industry as our top leaders analyse and discuss the prevailing trends.

Insights

Get to the core of a company’s financial statements with insights provided by our experts. Read through the fine print of results and analysis to choose the right stock to invest.

Fundamental Analysis

Read all about our research team’s work on the “Fundamentals” of a company. Our analysts’ help you make informed decisions to help you make smart investments and generate better returns.

Others

Understanding Derivatives

uTalk

Share your experiences and opinions with us. Get to know the many fascinating stories of our employees, clients and everyone else who has an opinion.

By Shrikant Chouhan, Head- Technical Research, Kotak Securities:

During my childhood I was always fascinated by gold only because of its innate characteristic sheen, as I grew up I realised the monetary value it possessed.. When the global crisis hit the world in 2008, I realised why it is referred as a precious metal and the reason it commands a huge premium as compared to other metals.

On basis of the above facts and some real life experiences, I stepped into the world of investing in real gold.  Soon I realized that investing in real gold had its own short comings, for instance where to store, how to keep it safe etc. When I started taking interest in the Gold markets, with a view that it's a great hedge against inflation and global crisis I found that my impact cost was very high whenever I entered any deals with my jeweler.

When I discussed these issues with a friend of mine, he shared that these are common problems that every investor in gold faces, but there is also a solution called Gold ETFs.

Here I got an answer to all my worries - investment in Gold ETF. What is Gold ETF; it is an instrument where the underlying precious metal is Gold.

How does investing in Gold ETF help - Gold ETF benefits in terms of
Fair value in price discovery as it does not include making charges and other charges.
Ease of Investment - buying and selling can be done from anywhere without physical presence  and these days use of smart phones has been on rampant and companies too have developed software to buy/sell from the phone while one is on the go.
Saving in small denomination even a small denomination like ½ gram can also be bought with whatever surplus a person has. 
Liquidity - investments can be liquidated at a press of button; entry and exit is smooth.
Hedge - Gold has been considered a good tool to hedge against inflation.
Safety - no need to disturb the night sleep as ETFs are in dematerialized format.
Accountability - government knows who holds the ETF and there is transparency in the same.

I am glad that I was introduced to Gold ETFs by my friend. All my doubts have been clarified and I am sure that awareness about Gold ETFs will help many people like me especially in a country like India, which is densely populated and where the savings rate is very high.  The only missing link here is awareness, which I am sure with sound and efficient private banks stepping in can help a lot of people realize their dreams.

Labels:


0 comments Post Comment